• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Is my ticket void?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

DmniRican

What is the name of your state? Colorado

I recently was pulled over for speeding. The area where the officer that stopped me was in a dark area, with no street lights within a good 50 yards in either direction of him. I've heard that in Colorado at night, an officer performing speed violation monitoring has to either have at least his parking lights on or has to be parked perpendicular to the road so that the reflective stickers on the side of his car can be seen. This officer was parked parallel to the road, with no lights on. This incident occurred around 10:30pm. I had 2 friends in the car with me and both said that the officer didn't have any lights on until he turned them on to come pull me over. Is this something that can help me fight this?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">