• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

underage pregnancy/child support

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

paulahall

What is the name of your state?Ohio
Is it true that parents of a minor whose minor is responsible for an underage pregnancy would cause the parents of the minor to pay child support?

K

krispenstpeter

yes and no.

Now, would you like to give us a few FACTS regarding a specific case?

make sure the boy she says is the father is the father paternity test. how old is the minor boy? make him get a job and pay for his responsibilities if in fact this is his child. just make sure before anything. then consult this forum under the heading of family law / child support, and post the same question.
good luck. you will probably find a better more acurate answer for you. :eek: ;)

Last edited:

nextwife

Once paternity is established, BOTH "parents" should be involved in BOTH caring for the child AND supporting the child. You should have your son get to court to both establish paternity and get a shared visitation schedule, so that he is fully involved from day 1.

JosieBrown

Babies playing grown up

paulahall said:
Is it true that parents of a minor whose minor is responsible for an underage pregnancy would cause the parents of the minor to pay child support?[/QUOTE

Let me get this staraight!! Teenagers play with fire and want mommy and daddy to pay child support for the grandchild. Let the teenages to face their respondability. I am sure the parents did not encourage the act that led to the conception of this baby.

Happy Trails

JosieBrown said:
paulahall said:
Is it true that parents of a minor whose minor is responsible for an underage pregnancy would cause the parents of the minor to pay child support?[/QUOTE

Let me get this staraight!! Teenagers play with fire and want mommy and daddy to pay child support for the grandchild. Let the teenages to face their respondability. I am sure the parents did not encourage the act that led to the conception of this baby.
The original poster is a grandparent by now. If paternity has been proven. Since she posted this back in 5-04!

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
JosieBrown said:
paulahall said:

Don't pull up ancient posts to clutter the board. Thanks.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">