• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Guardian et litem sleeping on job!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

Chrisgendron726

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?
I am currently living in Stafford,VA. I have been having to deal with a few foster-care issues over the last few years and I believe it may be due at least in part to the Guardian et litem, admittedly, not doing his job appropriately! It is my belief that he is supposed to check with the children now and then to assure that they are not having problems in their foster settings? Yet this man has not spoken to the children nor foster-parent(s) except in court for reviews? My greatest cause for concern in this matter is that a few people have been coming to me with reports of abuse on my minor sons in their foster-home and it seems that I can't get anyone to listen and investigate and I am getting quite furious over it! I will gladly appreciate any help I can get on this subject.

Sincerely
Seeing red, from too many brick walls!!!!!!!!!!!!!

throw a fit. scream and yell got to the top official go to the news station in your area make them do something. go to the news papers. your child is or may be in harms way do not stop at anything.

good luck :)

D

d8ddysgirl

Look in your phone book. There is a 1-800 number to call to report abuse. They have to follow up within 24 hrs or heads could roll. Are these your sons? Do you see them? DO you see the bruises? Take pictures.

K

krispenstpeter

The guardian ad litem has nothing to do with this. The guardian is the child's 'voice' in court to protect the child's legal rights. Nothing more or less.

If you haven't called the Virginia Child social services hotline to report the abuse (alleged) then who's fault is that?

1-800-552-7096
from out-of-state at 1-804-786-8536.
Hearing impaired individuals may also contact the Hotline through the Virginia Relay Center at 1-800-828-1120.

Well? What are you waiting for? Unless there's more to this story.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
There's a difference between a social worker and a GAL. A GAL deals with legal/court issues. A social worker deals with, well, social issues. Neglect, abuse, etc.

L

longlostfame

okay

State: California
Can a mother call the cops cause I a 18 year old guy is dating her 15 year old daughter. And can the cops do anythign to prosicute me. I am guess no but I am just making sure.

D

d8ddysgirl

You should start a new thread.

I dont understand why you are guessing no because you are guessing wrong. Yes you can be in trouble, they can press charges for stat. rape. If the daughter talks and says you are having sex.

I dont know what these older guys see in younger girls excpet the fact you can minipulate them into doing what you want. I mean c'mon what do you have in common with a child?

CdwJava

longlostfame said:
State: California
Can a mother call the cops cause I a 18 year old guy is dating her 15 year old daughter. And can the cops do anythign to prosicute me. I am guess no but I am just making sure.
Yeah ... if she is walking out and not in control of her parents because of the adult guy, he can be charged with contributing to the delinquency of a minor ... and more.

Carl

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">