• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Bad Divorce Settlement

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

gml659

What is the name of your state? WASHINGTON

Four years ago I got divorced. Ex got alot of inheritance that I claimed was seperate prop. My lawyer advised me that if we went to court the judge would have a different opinion. So I lost a god deal of the inheritance in mediation.

Subsequently I have been to two lawyers and they have told me THEY could have gotten this inheritance saved for me. That it would not have gone to the ex.

How/can I go back into the system and have my attorney declared incompetent?

GML

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

gml659 said:
What is the name of your state? WASHINGTON

Four years ago I got divorced. Ex got alot of inheritance that I claimed was seperate prop. My lawyer advised me that if we went to court the judge would have a different opinion. So I lost a god deal of the inheritance in mediation.

Subsequently I have been to two lawyers and they have told me THEY could have gotten this inheritance saved for me. That it would not have gone to the ex.

How/can I go back into the system and have my attorney declared incompetent?

GML

My response:

Simply, you can't. It's a done deal. You signed the agreement. Those other attorneys were talking about doing better for you "at the time" - - but, I'll hazard a very good guess that they also told you that there's nothing you can do today.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">