• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Staff Parking

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Z

zoie510

What is the name of your state? California

My boss has an assigned parking spot at our building that the staff will park in when he is away on business, at meetings or parked in front of the building. Recently he became peeved at me because I - unknowingly - didn't move my car for him to park and he has banned me from parking in the spot. The other staff is allowed to continue the parking in the spot. Can he do this?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

zoie510 said:
What is the name of your state? California

My boss has an assigned parking spot at our building that the staff will park in when he is away on business, at meetings or parked in front of the building. Recently he became peeved at me because I - unknowingly - didn't move my car for him to park and he has banned me from parking in the spot. The other staff is allowed to continue the parking in the spot. Can he do this?

My response:

Absolutely NOT!

You have a terrific Title VII case. Your claim has the potential of being worth thousands and thousands -
IAAL

Last edited by a moderator:

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Just in case you don't get it from IAAL's posts:

Yes, he can do that. You have no guaranteed right to staff parking. It's petty, but the only way it would be illegal for him to ban you from parking there is if he were doing it BECAUSE OF your race, religion, national origin and so on. It is not illegal for him to ban you from parking there because you failed to move your car when needed.

He doesn't HAVE to let anyone use his space at all.

Shay-Pari'e

The question from the poster is so stupid I just have to give my 2 cents.

POSTER? It is a freaking parking space. Do you hear me? A parking space. What is the big deal? You have a job, and you may need to park in the back of a lot, because you and your employer are being big babies.....OVER A PARKING SPOT!

Would it help if someone painted big yellow stripes in the back of the lot that had your name written on it?

It is a PARKING SPOT!

Piss your boss off, you may not have a income.

Last edited:

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

lana211 said:
IAAL

because people are looking for answers not jokes.

My response:

First you say I'm "sarcastic". Sarcasm, in my dictionary, doesn't mean "joke". Then, you do a "change-up" in your thought process, and now you accuse me of telling "jokes".

Which is it? What's bothering you?

Also, it's highly apparent that you're only thinking of a "few" of my responses and not looking at the "overall picture" of my responses. I do give people "answers", and I do give answers that are legally viable.

I may be a lot of things to a lot of different people; however, one thing I'm not - - and that's a "dry read". I PURPOSEFULLY attempt to make my writings INTERESTING, PROVOCTATIVE, and CHALLENGING - - and I PUROSEFULLY refuse to "pepper" my responses with words like "please", and "you're wonderful", or "that's wonderful", or "sorry", or anything of the sort. I get to the point, and I do it fast. These are but some of my writing characteristics that make people READ ME, and make comments, just like you have. I also have it on good authority that I am a BIG "draw" to FreeAdvice - - that I cause people to come to this site, which is good for advertising revenue. You don't.

You see, when a person is INTERESTING, PROVOCTATIVE, and CHALLENGING, people, like yourself, READ MY ANSWERS, and come back (or they leave if they have thin skin).

But, we all have choices. I have made my choice to write in a certain fashion. If you don't like my choice, then you need to make a choice - - and the door swings both ways, but it's greased for out.

I can't please all the people all the time - - and I'm not trying to, either.

IAAL

HomeGuru

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE said:
My response:

First you say I'm "sarcastic". Sarcasm, in my dictionary, doesn't mean "joke". Then, you do a "change-up" in your thought process, and now you accuse me of telling "jokes".

Which is it? What's bothering you?

Also, it's highly apparent that you're only thinking of a "few" of my responses and not looking at the "overall picture" of my responses. I do give people "answers", and I do give answers that are legally viable.

I may be a lot of things to a lot of different people; however, one thing I'm not - - and that's a "dry read". I PURPOSEFULLY attempt to make my writings INTERESTING, PROVOCTATIVE, and CHALLENGING - - and I PUROSEFULLY refuse to "pepper" my responses with words like "please", and "you're wonderful", or "that's wonderful", or "sorry", or anything of the sort. I get to the point, and I do it fast. These are but some of my writing characteristics that make people READ ME, and make comments, just like you have. I also have it on good authority that I am a BIG "draw" to FreeAdvice - - that I cause people to come to this site, which is good for advertising revenue. You don't.

You see, when a person is INTERESTING, PROVOCTATIVE, and CHALLENGING, people, like yourself, READ MY ANSWERS, and come back (or they leave if they have thin skin).

But, we all have choices. I have made my choice to write in a certain fashion. If you don't like my choice, then you need to make a choice - - and the door swings both ways, but it's greased for out.

I can't please all the people all the time - - and I'm not trying to, either.

IAAL
**A: I liked your post so much I am honored to quote it.

L

lana211

IAAL

You're kind of touchy for an INTERESTING, PROVOCTATIVE, and CHALLENGING guy. I am assuming that you are a guy...but just in case you are a woman....

You're kind of touchy for an INTERESTING, PROVOCTATIVE, and CHALLENGING gal.

PARIDISE - I love that quote.
"Every morning I get up and look through the Forbes list of the richest people in America. If I'm not there, I go to work."

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">