• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

May I sue homewowners for their disruptive guests?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

dkahlona

What is the name of your state?:confused: What is the name of your state? NY
May I sue the homeowner and absentee homeowners of private homes for the public nuisance their guests are displaying (i.e., vistors drinking alcohol, playing loud music, eating foods purchased by persons selling it) every weekend and on Thursdays, too? One homeowner has a party in his home 3x a week and his attendees (they pay) loiter on my property, talk raucously, especially the more enebriated each becomes, as well as the women cackle until the wee hours of the morning, only to start up again 3-4 hours later. Stragglers bid each other good night in the still of the night after leaving this private residence/illegal club. The party giver has guest in his backyard, too. The noise is inescapable. I want to take legal action against the homeowners because there is never a night or day that I can get a full night's sleep. I stay exhausted. I have a medical condition that requires rest, and if I have to hear loud talking, the banging of dominoes, and put up with loitering on my property, then I am further doomed medically. I can barely get up to go to work each morning. The police rarely are helpful. It's like cat and vermin. The cops come, the music stops; the cops leave, the music and cursing (they're upset) begin.

HomeGuru

dkahlona said:
What is the name of your state?:confused: What is the name of your state? NY
May I sue the homeowner and absentee homeowners of private homes for the public nuisance their guests are displaying (i.e., vistors drinking alcohol, playing loud music, eating foods purchased by persons selling it) every weekend and on Thursdays, too? One homeowner has a party in his home 3x a week and his attendees (they pay) loiter on my property, talk raucously, especially the more enebriated each becomes, as well as the women cackle until the wee hours of the morning, only to start up again 3-4 hours later. Stragglers bid each other good night in the still of the night after leaving this private residence/illegal club. The party giver has guest in his backyard, too. The noise is inescapable. I want to take legal action against the homeowners because there is never a night or day that I can get a full night's sleep. I stay exhausted. I have a medical condition that requires rest, and if I have to hear loud talking, the banging of dominoes, and put up with loitering on my property, then I am further doomed medically. I can barely get up to go to work each morning. The police rarely are helpful. It's like cat and vermin. The cops come, the music stops; the cops leave, the music and cursing (they're upset) begin.
**A: yes, you may sue.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">