• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Desperite for help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state?FL
I live in Broward County Florida and have do so for the past 17 years. I have three kids. 17 boy 15 girl and 7 boy. my 17 year old is my problem. We just went to court yesterday for him on a disorderly conduct charge that he was actually kicked out of a diversionary action over because of the charge of possession of weapon on school property. He had brass knuckles in his backpack. I do not disagree with any of his arrests but what my issue is, is the juvenile justice system here. My son is out of control. he follows no rules of my home he comes and goes as he pleases and there is nothing I can do about it. I have called him in as a run a way and the cops say ooooooo he will be back, you see they all know him as he was picked up 23 times last year for either just a shake down or a bike violation whatever. i had written to the judge and the assistant states attorney regarding the current court case and that i had to call 911 on him while waiting for this court case to be heard because to make a long story short I told him to clean his room and he fought with me over it calling me vulgar names and I ended up with a broken pinky finger. I told the cops what happen they told him to take a walk around the block and come back and apologize. This was April;, 9th and he took the walk and never returned. yesterday was the first time i saw him since that date, yesterday being 5-12-04. i sent a package with all this information to the judge and the states attorney, the 911 call the report made on the incident the hospital records and then the dismissal from the diversionary action. i explained to them that he is only getting worse and worse he is involved with gangs and kids with guns he threatened my husband who is his father and we are still together drove past the front of my house to yell f you i asked for the court to consider boot camp for him as any jail or program time will in my opinion end up contributing to additional delinquency due to who he will meet in there. boot camp there is no contact with the outside and they are drilled 24/7 and shown that for every action there is a reaction weather good bad or indifferent. This is the only thing I can think of that will maybe help my child. they ended up giving him 150 hours of community service probation to end when the hours are completed and a jail tour. I cannot see this helping. What do I do???? I need help. He needs help. and this being his 17th year on this earth he only has a few months before it becomes "real"

Last edited:

K

krispenstpeter

I know you're not going to like this Mary, but sometimes the only answers are the ones you don't want to think about.

You have two other children to think about. The oldest has chosen his path and no matter what you or the courts TRY to do, he has to walk that path alone.

Yes, he will end up in prison or dead on the street. That's the choice he has made. And no, It won't be easy watching him walk that path. But if you don't cut him lose at 18 then the collateral damage he could bring into your lives could claim not only your life, but those of your other two children.

Keep the door open but the rules firm. He may come back a man or in a pine box. That's his choice.

thank you for your reply. I agree 100 % with what you are saying and the only reason I say I am desperate is because he is still only 17 years old. Feb before he is 18. I have let him know that my immediate attention is to my family and his brother and sister because he has chosen this path. I will try to help him not first and foremost but nevertheless try to help him until Feb 10 2005 at which time he turns 18.

Thank you for your honesty.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">