• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

modification

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

lbjrex

What is the name of your state?WA
Been divorced since 1999. Have three children, our parenting plan is close to equal. Mediated the divorce and child support. My ex never turned in his tax returns from the start, just claimed he earned over 7,000, support based on that amount. I know he brings home 4 times that amount monthly. I have two kids in new brackets and am modifiying. He is refusing to turn over his returns. Isn't support based on income and the discrpency between ours? I bring home $1200 monthly. Need advice, what would a judge tend to rule??

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

lbjrex said:
What is the name of your state?WA
Been divorced since 1999. Have three children, our parenting plan is close to equal. Mediated the divorce and child support. My ex never turned in his tax returns from the start, just claimed he earned over 7,000, support based on that amount. I know he brings home 4 times that amount monthly. I have two kids in new brackets and am modifiying. He is refusing to turn over his returns. Isn't support based on income and the discrpency between ours? I bring home $1200 monthly. Need advice, what would a judge tend to rule??

My response:

Where is the Subpoena for his records?

Where is the Motion for Contempt of Court?

Where is your attorney?

IAAL

L

lbjrex

yes, I have an attorney, I just sometimes want to know a little ahead of time if yet again my ex is going think he is above the law. Doesn't he have to turn in his tax returns for the last two years. I have a feeling since he will have an accountant say he earns more than 7,000 they will just set his child support on the end of the support chart. Is that how it works? I have a good attornney but he also says that the judge is the one who will rule. We do have a motion but I am dealing with a powerful wealthy family in a little town.

VeronicaGia

Unless the judge asks for the tax returns, he doesn't have to turn them in. So answer IAAL's questions. Have you tried these things to force him to produce documentation?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">