• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

no zing in my pings

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

W

wmwags

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Home Michigan, theft in Nevada.

We rented furnishings (furniture & housewares) for and apartment we were staying in for 4 months, my husband was there on business. The Rental co. was called for a pick up, on 4/29/04 they removed the large furntiure, on 4/30/04 the housewares and everything else we had still in the apartment was taken (est $ 3700) 2 sets of Golf clubs, cd's, shoes, vacuum, cleaning supplies, bank deposit slips and checks. Phones calls were made immediately, we got the run around. A police report was filed, but due to the fact an access form was signed to give access, the police won't do anything. The rental co. claims no responsibility because they came the day before, it was not their employees, this was a big surprise to us, WHO was it? After two weeks of phone calls and checking on-line we found out, they sub contracted the housewares rental to a women who works out of her home without a business license. We weren't informed of this before. They won't even give us an address for this women, we did a reverse look up and think we have an address but we aren't sure.

My questions; Who to name as party to the claim? The women without a lic., lives in an apartment, I don't think we would ever see any money.

Is our Apartment complex liable? The women showed up with an access form but it was for Custom Furniture Rental, (that was the other company) she was never asked for ID, they gave her a key.

Since we will have to fly back for the court case, can we add the expense to our losses?

Missing my Golf League in Michigan.
I tried to be brief, I hope not too much.

JETX

"Who to name as party to the claim?"
*** No, you list the rental company as she was working as their agent.

"Is our Apartment complex liable? The women showed up with an access form but it was for Custom Furniture Rental, (that was the other company) she was never asked for ID, they gave her a key."
*** No.

"Since we will have to fly back for the court case, can we add the expense to our losses?"
*** No.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">