• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Finally got somewhere..

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

TNBSMommy

What is the name of your state?TN

I posted about this in Child custody, but since they made a whole new area for support, I will change to this one...this is an update on the ex who is 27,000 in arrears for cs... He got out of jail on a $500 purge amount, and we have a review hearing June 7 to see if he is paying his CS. Tigger, if you read this, that is what the court date is for in June, the one I didn't know if I would be able to speak at. I checked the CSE site this morning and in addition to the $500 which will be here tomorrow, there is a check for $576 also due tomorrow. Since his CS is $376 plus 43 for arrears I am guessing this is the money from the job he quit in MArch who was always late sending the CS in. I knew they owed me money, but the burden of proof was on him, I suppose getting thrown in jail was enough to make him call and tell them to send the d*mn money. Doing the math and considering it is an EMP check that is the only thing that makes sense...so anyway... small victory for me...
We will see what happens next month, b/c I am also addressing the INS issue.

TNBSMommy

The court ordered insurance he lied about. I found out on the 23rd he had known for a month that he "couldnt provide it b/c the kids weren't living with" him, but lied about it up to as recently as a week prior to the day I was told how long he had actually known. He didnt tell me b/c he thought I would "get mad". Had he just been honest I could have had our children on insurance all this time. So that is what that is, and I have talked to our DA and it will be addressed in court b/c it can affect my cs...

tigger22472

Well, hey, at least you're getting something. Let's see if he continues it. I would make sure either you or CSE makes a point of what this1,000 is from when you go to court because 500$ is from bail and the other was simply late from his last job from when he QUIT just so they realizes he's not paid as much as it looks.

TNBSMommy

I was thinking the same thing, that I hope he doesnt think he will be able to usethis money and say he is current.I am happy to get at least something.. and we will see how June 7th goes....

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">