• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Battery & Burglury Charges

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

Mary5

What is the name of your state? Florida

On the day before Mothers Day, My brother & dad were arrested. Heres what happened...
My dad went across the street to talk to his neighbor about harassing, and making obscene gestures at all the teen-age girls in the neighborhood. He has four girls total 22, 16, 13, and 8. So he was very concerned. My brother walked behind him, and I followed to make sure nothing bad happened. My dad then talked to the guy about maybe sitting on his back porch and drinking (therefore making it where he cant see the road where my sisters walk to school on) They then shook hands, and the guy invited him inside. My dad walked in, but I threw my brother off the porch and told him to go home since he was not allowed on the property, and is also on probation. I turned around and then seen that the guy had hit my dad, and my dad's lip was bleeding. My dad then proceeded to defend himself, knocking the guy out unconcious. I then grabbed my dad, and walked him back home. Thirty minutes after that occured my dad, my brother and I went back across the street to see if he was alright. He then explained that he wasnt going to call the cops, but he needed medical attention. Everyone apologized, and left it at that.... Two hours later the cops arrived. They arrested my dad, charged him with battery, burglury, and attempt to comit a felony. My brother was also arrested, charged with burglury. Which I wrote a statement, and so did my husband who witness the event, but remained a bystander. I can see trespassing but not burglury. I bonded my dad out, but I cant get my brother out because of the V.O.P.

My dad went to see two attorny's today, and they want 15,000 each to represent him. My dad and his business went bankrupt, therefore he has no money at all.

Does anyone know what he should do? Cant he drag this out for a year? Should he press charges on the guy for assult (since the guy hit him first)? My dad is scared he is going to prison for protecting his girls, and himself. :confused:

stephenk

how many times before this happened had your dad called the police on the neighbor to report his behavior?

M

Mary5

He didnt call the cops on the neighbor guy, but several other of his neighbors had. We are hoping they will all go to court and testify to his behavior. Good news we got my brother out of jail... Its made me feel alot better.

Happ B-day to me!.. lol Couldnt resist.

JETX

Sounds like your dad and brother should have resisted the temptation to confront the neighbor!!

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

Mary5 said:
He didnt call the cops on the neighbor guy, but several other of his neighbors had. We are hoping they will all go to court and testify to his behavior. Good news we got my brother out of jail... Its made me feel alot better.

Happ B-day to me!.. lol Couldnt resist.

My response:

Happy B-Day to you, too! It's a nice B-Day present to get your brother out of jail for something he should have known better than to get himself involved in due to his "probation". Perhaps, on HIS B-Day, you can buy your dufus brother a dictionary so that he can look up the word "probation".

"lol Couldnt resist."

IAAL

M

Mary5

Wow, I didnt come to this site to hear negative comments. Maybe I should have read some more replys from this site before posting on such a childish board. My "dufus" brother was only trying to protect his father, naturally what any of us do. We tend to forget about our own problems when it comes to someone we love dearly. We protect our parents like they have done for us for many years.

HomeGuru: And use that dictionary to look up the work burglury and a Mac hamburgular.
Maybe the dictionary is something you might want to try reading.

Btw, I will not being coming back to this board. So any negative replys that you may have will be totally wasted. :p
Oh yeah, and Thanks for all the lovely advise.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">