• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Robbery

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

pamelab25

What is the name of your state? PA. I suspect a contractor working in my home of stealing. What are my options? Thank you.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

pamelab25 said:
What is the name of your state? PA. I suspect a contractor working in my home of stealing. What are my options? Thank you.

My response:

From a legal standpoint, nothing unless you can prove it. Suspicions are not good enough.

From a practical standpoint, you can either:

1. Fire him;

2. Keep a close watch on him;

3. Remove all valuables from your home.

IAAL

P

pamelab25

Thank you for your response. The items stolen were 2 bras. The work is almost complete. Am I putting myself in jeopardy not firing the firm now. (The suspected worker is an employee.) I have arranged to have my locks rekeyed after the work is completed and am considering a security system. For the remainder of the work, I have arranged for someone to be present in my home at all times. Should I notify the police?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

pamelab25 said:
Thank you for your response. The items stolen were 2 bras. The work is almost complete. Am I putting myself in jeopardy not firing the firm now. (The suspected worker is an employee.) I have arranged to have my locks rekeyed after the work is completed and am considering a security system. For the remainder of the work, I have arranged for someone to be present in my home at all times. Should I notify the police?

My response:

You wrote to this forum, and actually took the time to go through the entire process of becoming a "member" over the value of two USED BRAS?? What's the "garage sale" value of TWO USED BRAS, anyway - - $3.00??

And here, I had visions of family heirlooms, jewelry, electronics, etc. And you're talking about TWO USED BRAS??

Lady, you're loonier than a loon.

IAAL

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

My further response:

Congratulations!

Your initial post and responses have been chosen to be a Runner-Up in our end of the year, "Most Stupid Post" contest, being held on December 15, 2004 - - because you said, "the items that were stolen were two bras".

Thank you! Make sure to come back on December 15, 2004 to see if you're the Grand Prize winner!

For further details, Rules, and prize list, go here:

http://home.triad.rr.com/skammich/open.html

IAAL

Last edited:
K

krispenstpeter

It wasn't even a damn pantie raid.

Geeez, I think either she's embarrassed because the bras are waaaaay to big or they are so tight they've cut off oxygen to her brain. :rolleyes:

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

TOP 10 Reasons Why Your Contractor Robbed your Bras - -

NUMBER 10: His work requires experience operating a cone bra.

NUMBER 9: If our writer left her bras outside the door, they should be returned polished the next morning.

NUMBER 8: The contractor uses her metal bra as a quaint country wind chime.

NUMBER 7: A D-cup Bra and an A-cup Brain.

NUMBER 6: The contractor needed a sleeping bag.

NUMBER 5: The contractor replaced your bras with a sash that reads "Sanitized for your Protection".

NUMBER 4: On day off, contractor needed to make cone-bra party hats.

NUMBER 3: He was amazed at the design, allowing complete comfort while they swing next to your knees.

NUMBER 2: You told your carpenter, "I can't I find a man who'll appreciate me for my enormous breasts!"

AND NOW, the NUMBER ONE Reason Why Your Contractor Robbed your Bras - -

Your contractor needed a parachute to stop his dragster!

IAAL

P

pamelab25

PA. Thank you men for your illustrious replies. I see I should have posted my question on Comedians.com. The items taken were not of value. I know that. I did not pose the whole event correctly in my original question because I was traumatized. My home is my sanctuary. The fact that a man was rifling through my personal items and stole most of them plus the 2 items I mentioned unnerved me. I am not wordly like the rest of you and didn't realize my question was silly and award provoking. Believe me, I would have preferred that valuables be stolen because I can understand and deal with that. I apologize for taking up your time. I'm a tyro and didn't know how to navigate the site and didn't present my question in its entirety. For this I apologize.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

pamelab25 said:
PA. Thank you men for your illustrious replies. I see I should have posted my question on Comedians.com. The items taken were not of value. I know that. I did not pose the whole event correctly in my original question because I was traumatized. My home is my sanctuary. The fact that a man was rifling through my personal items and stole most of them plus the 2 items I mentioned unnerved me. I am not wordly like the rest of you and didn't realize my question was silly and award provoking. Believe me, I would have preferred that valuables be stolen because I can understand and deal with that. I apologize for taking up your time. I'm a tyro and didn't know how to navigate the site and didn't present my question in its entirety. For this I apologize.

My response:

But, with three replies now, you didn't mention anything of "value". You've had plenty of time to calm down by now. However, what you DID choose to mention were bras. Out of everything else, you chose to discuss your bras! Amazing.

Do you realize how comedic that sounds?

Like I said, "And here, I had visions of family heirlooms, jewelry, electronics, etc. And you're talking about TWO USED BRAS??"

Did you tell the police about your bras?

IAAL

P

pamelab25

PA. I understand how silly it was to mention the 2. I don't care about the 2. I already apologized for that. I was traumatized and wasn't thinking straight. All I knew there was a pervert is in my home stealing my underwear plus the 2 bras. I should have posed the question that way. It still may have won your award but I was very upset. In my defense I'm not very wordly and maybe this happens all the time. I'm sorry. I don't know what else I can say.

P

pamelab25

PA No I didn't call the police because your original answer was I only had a suspicion and needed proof.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">