• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I need some advice asap

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

potter

What is the name of your state?Nebraska

First let me give you a bit of background on this situation.......
about 7 months ago a friend contacted me to make some pet dishes. I agreed and I figured out how much the supplies would cost and then figured out my "fee" for making the dishes. I gave her the total, she sent the money via paypal. I ordered the supplies once I recieved the money. When I started to throw the first dish I realized that my wheel wasn't strong enough, so I contacted her and told her that I was going to sell my wheel and buy a stonger one. She said that was fine, and that she would wait for the dishes until I got my new wheel. I finally got my new wheel and when I recieve it, it was damaged from shipping so I sent it to get repaired which took about 2 weeks. The whole time she was fine with this. When I got my wheel back she asked when I was going to throw her dishes. I told her I was going to try to get to them the next day, I didn't want to promise her that I would for sure in case something came up. But it turns out that nothing came up so I did start throwing them that day. I recieved and email the next day stating that she was upset that I had to told her that I would try to get to them, and that she wanted her money back.

I told her fine I'd send her the money but she would have to wait a few weeks since I didn't have that much money right on hand, or I could send a few smaller payments till it was paid. She decided that she wanted all the money at once. I told her it would be a few weeks. She got very angry and told me she wanted it now, or she was going to contact paypal and file a fraudulent seller complaint. Now I've already talked to Paypal and they said that even if she files it that they can't do anything about it since it's been more than 30 days since she sent the money.

What I would like to know is if there is any other legal action she can take against me and if I should be required to refund her the full amount since the supplies were already bought and she backed out of the agreement not I?

K

krispenstpeter

If she wants to file then she can get her ass to Nebraska.

Otherwise, since you've already agreed to refund her money, do it as soon as possible and do it by cashier's check in a Certified (RRR) letter. That way she'll have to sign for it and you can prove it was sent :D

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">