• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

janene

What is the name of your state? california
I was wondering..I have heard so many different things as to where i would file for child supoort. I became pregnant while stationed overseas in the military and came back to california to have my daughter. We have lived here since she was 1yr old(she is now 8) The father has never lived here but has came to visit a few times. Would I have to file for child support in the state he lives in or my state. Everyone tells me something different and the child support agnecy said they can do it for free but may take up to 2 to 3 yrs since he is out of state and their workload. I would like to file myself but can't seem to find out where I have to file...does anyone know? Thanks for your help...

CALIMOM

You file in the county where you in the child live. You may need to be a resident in that county for a period of time.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">