• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

speeding in Vermont

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

E

ezcc

What is the name of your state? Vermont

Hello. I received speeding ticket (81/65) in Vermont. I was just going to bypass this truck in front of me and was speeding a little (not over 80 for sure...). There was another car in front of me which was also going to bypass this truck and speeding as well, but I was the one who got pulled over. I also received 2 points and this was my first speeding ticket.

I have two questions.

1)I am really concerned about 2 points I received. If I explain this situation, is there any chance of reducing the point at the court??

2) The officer did not write down actual amount that I have to pay if I do not contest. Is there any chance that this ticket may get dismissed based on that? (Actual speed is written on the ticktet, though.)

Thank you so much for your help!!!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">