• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Copyright and learning purpose

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Dr Snuggles

What is the name of your state?A internet question no state

Hi my question is about the copyright laws for images and to use them for learning purposes. My example is:

I am often working with Paint shop Pro and are doing different tutorials that I find on the net. Am I violating the copyrights when I use for example a picture from Disney when I try to do the tutorials. I use the image when I am learning with PSP and then I want to show the results for my friends? Not for them to use but just to show what I have done and then not use it no more? Is that really a copyright violation? I understand the laws for copyright as I have studied law some long time ago but what I have forgotten is the "For your own purpose" with "Not making money of it"

Can someone tell me if there is a differens when you use it for educational purpose, for your own use and no profit!!?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

Dr Snuggles said:
What is the name of your state?A internet question no state

Hi my question is about the copyright laws for images and to use them for learning purposes. My example is:

I am often working with Paint shop Pro and are doing different tutorials that I find on the net. Am I violating the copyrights when I use for example a picture from Disney when I try to do the tutorials. I use the image when I am learning with PSP and then I want to show the results for my friends? Not for them to use but just to show what I have done and then not use it no more? Is that really a copyright violation? I understand the laws for copyright as I have studied law some long time ago but what I have forgotten is the "For your own purpose" with "Not making money of it"

Can someone tell me if there is a differens when you use it for educational purpose, for your own use and no profit!!?

My response:

Look up the "Fair Use Doctrine".

IAAL

D

Dr Snuggles

do you have a link to a great page on that??

Thanks for your answer. Do you have a link you could share to this where you know it explains?

Thanx

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

Dr Snuggles said:
Thanks for your answer. Do you have a link you could share to this where you know it explains?

Thanx

My response:

Okay, let me amend my previous response to you . . .

Look up the "Fair Use Doctrine" using the Google search engine. You do know what Google is, don't you?

IAAL

D

Dr Snuggles

Well yes of course! Whatever.... I am sorry ... are you having a bad day? How many people do you think there is that don't know Google!!??

I have found a site through Google but I though you could have a better that I could share with others that don't know about this...

D

Dr Snuggles

Gonna go google some more now. I'm closing this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">