• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What's the difference?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

BlondiePB

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? n/a

Is there a difference between legal negligence and legal malpractice? If so, what's the difference? Would either have the same SOL "tolling" as medical if not specified in one's state's statutes?

The forum changes are pretty good. Thank you in advance.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

[BlondiePB]

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? n/a

MY RESPONSE: Actually, the State Name may be relevant. Always tell us your State Name.

Is there a difference between legal negligence and legal malpractice? If so, what's the difference?

MY RESPONSE: Not in California, there isn't. Both terms are interchangeable.

Would either have the same SOL "tolling" as medical if not specified in one's state's statutes?

MY RESPONSE: Please restate this question. "Tolling" means to "put the brakes on" the Statute of Limitations from expiring; e.g., by filing a lawsuit.

IAAL

BlondiePB

Thanks for the speedy reply. I thought asking the difference would be generic. Obviously, it is not and appreciate learning the fact that the state does, indeed, make a difference for that question.The state is FL. I do understand what "tolling" is. To restate, what would be the SOL for legal negligence and legal malpractice in FL? And, is there a difference between legal negligence and legal malpractice in FL?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">