• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Surgery Complication

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

margiepargie

What is the name of your state? Ohio. I had a Gallbladder operation in2003. During the operation the DR. accidently cut my main bile duct. I still have not fully recovered from the sugery. Please advise if I should contact a lawyer for advice.

ellencee

margiepargie
Your description of events does not provide adequate information from which it can be determined if you suffered a known risk and complications thereof or if you suffered a negligent act and incurred damages of a significance to justify the cost of a medmal claim.

Attorney consultations for medmal issues are generally free. Be aware that your state's statute of limitations will limit the amount of time that you have in which you can bring suit (if you have a valid claim).

EC

J

Jen86

I'm not a lawyer, but I had my gall bladder removed (because of gall stones) in July 2001. When my doctor was discussing the surgery with me he listed accidentally cutting the bile ducts as a known risk of the surgery. It was also stated on the consent form in the list of possible complications. From what I understand, if the problem is a known complication then you can't sue. So I'm sort of doubting that you have a case, but you could at least meet with an attorney and see what they say. Good luck!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">