• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Mobile Home Mishap!!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

shefree

What is the name of your state?undefinedWhat is the name of your state?
Georgia
I retained the services of a company to move a mobile home from one city to the next. The owner and I made a verbal agreement and I paid him $1400 for moving the mobile home. Due to circumstances beyond my control, I was unable to have the mobile home moved and I asked for my money back. To make a long story short, I have filed a claim with magistrate court and I am waiting to go too court. What I would like to know is, what my chances are of getting my money back?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

shefree said:
What is the name of your state?undefinedWhat is the name of your state?
Georgia
I retained the services of a company to move a mobile home from one city to the next. The owner and I made a verbal agreement and I paid him $1400 for moving the mobile home. Due to circumstances beyond my control, I was unable to have the mobile home moved and I asked for my money back. To make a long story short, I have filed a claim with magistrate court and I am waiting to go too court. What I would like to know is, what my chances are of getting my money back?

My response:

There is no possible answer to your question because you need to explain the statement, "Due to circumstances beyond my control, I was unable to have the mobile home moved . . ."

Without further information, your chances of winning are zip, zilch and zero.

IAAL

S

shefree

Circumstances beyond my control

I needed a out of county sticker in order to have the mobile home moved. The mobile home was tied up in another legal matter that I did not know about and it was court ordered not to be moved.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

shefree said:
I needed a out of county sticker in order to have the mobile home moved. The mobile home was tied up in another legal matter that I did not know about and it was court ordered not to be moved.

My response:

Oh, well!

Who's fault was that - - the home mover's fault?

Sorry, but you entered into a contract with someone who was ready, willing and able to perform. It was your ignorance of the above information that caused you to breach the contract. That's not the mover's fault.

Now, you may be able to get some of that money back, depending upon the court's ruling on the equity of your claim; e.g., whether the mover expending costs, time and effort to prepare for the move, and if the mover lost other business as the result of the contract you had with him.

Good luck. You're going to need it.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">