• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Website trademarks

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

lawncutter

What is the name of your state? PA

Hello Members,

I have questions about a website that I frequent. I have noticed recently that the owner has placed at the bottom of the home page that all his website names are trademarks of Lawn Care Success, Inc. The names of the trademarks are Lawnsite, Plowsite, Weldingweb, lawncaresuccess, everythinggreen, and lawnbusiness.net.

My questions are: Is this Incorporation structured properly? Where can I find out if this business is even Incorporated at all? Where can I find out if the names listed are even trademarks?

You can find what I am talking about at lawnsite.com at the bottom of the home page.

divgradcurl

Is this Incorporation structured properly?
How would any of us know? You would need to contact the secretary of state in the state in which he claims to be incorporated in order to find out if he has incorporated or not. As far as "structured properly," who knows? Why is that an issue?

Where can I find out if this business is even Incorporated at all?
See above.

Where can I find out if the names listed are even trademarks?
If the trademarks are registered, or in the registration process, you can go to the trademark office's website at www.uspto.gov to find out. However, if the trademarks are not registered, he may still have common-law or state trademark rights if he is in fact using the marks in commerce.

If you would provide more information on what you are actually trying to accomplish, it might be easier to provide more targeted answers.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">