• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

court order of a purge

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

lcorigliano

What is the name of your state? florida

can a court orderd purge be wavied by my ex-wife?

syskjw

yes. When you appear for court the papers you fill out ask the custodial parent if they mind the court making the decisoins or if you have problems with them going to jail. They will also ask you what amount you can pay or have you make a offer and the custodial parent can agree to settle.
I know this from first hand experience. My husbands ex has never paid child support since she was ordered to over 2 years ago. We went to court on 5-4 and they ask him and her what is above and my husband settled. He agreed to her offer of $250. She owes over $6,000.

gatorguy3

That is true but not the only option you have on a purge.

When you go before the court for the purge the judge can and will work with you on paying the purge. He/she will ask you how much you can pay at that moment and then will make an arrangement to pay the remainder. The judge is really not set on putting anyone in jail over purges, its just the process really.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">