• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

my ex girlfriends pregnant I am worried about child support

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

adrian6789

What is the name of your state?California
my ex girl friend told me last week that she is pregnant with my baby, she said that she does not want to see me or have anything to do with me anymore and she will not put me as the father so I will not have to pay child support. Is there anything I can do to protect myself for the future. she is also not legal in this country and has two kids in south america I did not know this until we were already involved.

Last edited:

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

adrian6789 said:
What is the name of your state?California
my ex girl friend told me last week that she is pregnant with my baby, she said that she does not want to see me or have anything to do with me anymore and she will not put me as the father so I will not have to pay child support. Is there anything I can do to protect myself for the future. she is also not legal in this country and has two kids in south america I did not know this until we were already involved.

My response:

"I did not know this until we were already involved, so I said to myself, what the hell, I'll screw her anyway - - even though I knew I should have used some form of contraception."

Yeah, you're an idiot, alright.

There's no way to "protect" yourself from child support if she, at some point, can have you forced you to take a DNA test. That really won't be too difficult to do, however. At some point, you're going to be receiving an Order from the court to have that test, or if you fail to do so, you'll have your paycheck garnished anyway.

I hope she was "worth it" because now you'll have a "reminder" of your stupidity for at least the next 18 years.

IAAL

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
DKLEE2 said:
I would contact a mental health professional. <snip> this is a law forum and not a forum of ridicule.
Nor is it a forum for amateur psychologists.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">