• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Child Support

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

G

gijane213

What is the name of your state? I'm in Europe

I just recently discovered that the servicemember that I am pregnant by is married. We are both in the Army and I was wondering if there was a way that I could file child support without getting into trouble. The father is not active in the baby's life and wants no part. What would be recommended for me, so I can resolve this matter and get child support for my child?

A

AutobahnSHO

So you didn't know he was married at the time you became pregnant?

Ask JAG about it, maybe even make an appointment- and ask if you can just do the appointment via phone.

Good luck!

Shay-Pari'e

JAG does not handle these type of things. This is a civilian matter. You have the choice of notifying his commander, that will open up a whole can of "Whoop A..", as the military has very strict guidelines on adultry. I'm not saying you should not do that, in fact you should, but if you are seeking support from the jerk, then you need to do it here in the states.

JAG does not handle this.

Last edited:
N

navalroses

as long as you can prove that you did not know you can't get in trouble. as for him if you were to bring it to his commanders attention the soldier could be in a world of hurt. probably recieve art 15 and his CDR could help you recieve compesation as long as he remains in the military

Shay-Pari'e

It doesn't matter if he is in the military or not in regards to support. There is not one person in the military that can help her with support issues. This is a civilian matter in regards to child support. The most the military can do is garnish his pay if there is a order to with hold income.

Child support is not a military issue.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">