• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

amarantha9

What is the name of your state? Louisiana

This question actually isn't about a neighbor but there is no roommate section. One of my roommates and I are in the process of moving into a new place. Our lease on the old place does not end until June 1. One of the remaining roommates has taken to locking the chain on the front door so that she has to let us in the house. Last night we went to move some of our things but the door was chained and she did not come to open the door. Can she do this?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

amarantha9 said:
What is the name of your state? Louisiana

This question actually isn't about a neighbor but there is no roommate section. One of my roommates and I are in the process of moving into a new place. Our lease on the old place does not end until June 1. One of the remaining roommates has taken to locking the chain on the front door so that she has to let us in the house. Last night we went to move some of our things but the door was chained and she did not come to open the door. Can she do this?

My response:

First of all, we have a landlord / tenant forum.

Second, remove the chain.

IAAL

A

amarantha9

I thought that was for problems between the landlord and tenant. My mistake

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">