• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

vehicle abandonment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

jashar

What is the name of your state? Utah

My parents were buying a car that is a lemon. It was left in a Grocery Store Lot because it quit running. My parents can't tow it back home, cause they can't have a junk vehicle on the road. They don't want to press charges on the dealership, but they won't repo it. And now the problem is that the police are threatening to arrest my father because it was registered last in his name. He is mentally disabled from a mental breakdown. What are there options? They can't afford to pay for a non working vehicle just to junk it. They can't even re register it.

R

reeBrelliM

How long did they (your folks) have the vehicle before it finally broke down? Is it by chance still under any kind of warranty?

reeB

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">