• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Iaal, Jetx, Stephenk, Krisp

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

kidoday

What is the name of your state?Mi

I am a fool.

I gave my b/f of a year a key to my house and he trashed it over the weekend. Didn't damage anything per se, however I have a huge mess in my house; rice, flour, pancake mix, shower gel, ramen noodles. I didn' t give him permission to be in the house this weekend, and certainly didn't give permission to make a mess out of it. The police think since he had a key that he had the right to come into the home and aren't really willing to charge him. He also stole my tv and dvd remote, and some photo's along with my youngest daughters baby album. They aren't really willing to charge him with larceny.

What can I do? What is my recourse in this?

K

krispenstpeter

Unfortunately, giving him a key is tacit permission to use the premesis.

At this point, the only think I can advise is to change the locks.

AND STOP giving your key out. At least until it's mutual and you have HIS key.

kidoday

I forgot to mention in my previous post that he is my ex b/f of a month. I forgot he had a key and hadn't asked for it back.

The police got the key back but I have changed the locks just to be safe.

K

krispenstpeter

Ahhhh, well then kiddo, here's what I would advise my daughters to do in the same situation.

Tomorrow, you go down to the small claims court and file against this jerk. Add up the cost of the things he 'destroyed' and/or stole, including the baby photos and the cost of changing the locks.

When asked by the judge why you didn't ask for the key back you look incredulous and simply state "But your honor, I did."

kidoday

Thank you Krispy. I think that is exactly what I am going to do. I am going to give the police one more chance because the officer that took the report on Sunday hasn't written the report and I have to speak with him one more time. After I speak with him, I will put your advice to use.

kidoday

Krispy, thank you so much. I think 750.111 is the best for my case at this point. I have damage, thankfully not more than 20,000 worth. And my stolen property doesn't add up to 1,000. I suppose one could argue what photographs are worth. However, one could argue those are more of an emotional amount and not a dollar figure.

Thank you for your help. :)

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

My response:

I think I have a legally salient question for you, and the judge might ask you the very same thing - - and you better have a good, legally cognizant answer for it - - that is, what were you doing with ramen noodles in your house? What's up with that?

IAAL

kidoday

Lmao. My youngest daughter likes the oriental ones. I can't help it. Thankfully it wasn't pbj's all over the house.

K

krispenstpeter

IF I EVER see another ramen noodle in my home the person who brought it in will be drawn and quartered ....THEN they will be forced to eat peanut butter and onion sandwiches until they DIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kidoday

Ramens are better than Peanut Butter and Onions. I am not going to get her Chinese every day for lunch. Oriental Ramens is the best she gets until the weekends.

tigger22472

krispenstpeter said:
IF I EVER see another ramen noodle in my home the person who brought it in will be drawn and quartered ....THEN they will be forced to eat peanut butter and onion sandwiches until they DIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

All I can say is I'm glad MG is the one moving near you and not me.. You can force those weird things you eat on her... HOWEVER, when I visit her you're MORE then welcome to introduce me to your neighbor :p (shhhhh.. i might even eat one of those nasty sandwiches for the chance)

BTW.. I'll eat the sandwich AFTER I meet him.. not before.. wouldn't want my breathe stinking.

Last edited:
K

krispenstpeter

Take hillsboro road exit off 440 east then head towards Franklin through Green Hills. You'll pass the Green Hills mall then about 5 miles out you'll reach Old Hickory Blvd. It's a four-lane intersection. Keep going until the second traffic light. Thats Sneed Road. There is a nursery on the corner.

Drive past the nursery and the next right is Moran Rd. Turn right and go through the subdivision. About 1/4 mile down you'll come to 'Mother Moran House' on the historic register. Follow the road as it curves left and over the bridge. That's the Harpeth river.

The road will curve left again and begin a short climb then curve to the right. On the left is "HIS" estate. About 400 yards farther on the left is Dr. and Mary Taylor's home (she is a well-known artist in Nashville.

Still farther on the left (about 200 yards) is Bill and Lyn Andrews' estate formerly owned by Amy Grant. On down on the left is Oren Ingram's estate and across the road is his brother's estate.

Is that close enough? :D

P.S.If you turn left at the end of the road and go about 4 miles then right you'll run into Naomi Judd's estate.

kidoday

Which one of us do you want to stalk you?

I have been to Nashville several times. I will have to RandMcnally that from the places I have been.

HMMM ;)

tigger22472

krispenstpeter said:
Take hillsboro road exit off 440 east then head towards Franklin through Green Hills. You'll pass the Green Hills mall then about 5 miles out you'll reach Old Hickory Blvd. It's a four-lane intersection. Keep going until the second traffic light. Thats Sneed Road. There is a nursery on the corner.

Drive past the nursery and the next right is Moran Rd. Turn right and go through the subdivision. About 1/4 mile down you'll come to 'Mother Moran House' on the historic register. Follow the road as it curves left and over the bridge. That's the Harpeth river.

The road will curve left again and begin a short climb then curve to the right. On the left is "HIS" estate. About 400 yards farther on the left is Dr. and Mary Taylor's home (she is a well-known artist in Nashville.

Still farther on the left (about 200 yards) is Bill and Lyn Andrews' estate formerly owned by Amy Grant. On down on the left is Oren Ingram's estate and across the road is his brother's estate.

Is that close enough? :D

P.S.If you turn left at the end of the road and go about 4 miles then right you'll run into Naomi Judd's estate.
Ok.. here's a legal question.. when I get arrested for stalking can I use this website as proof that you helped me???? LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">