• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

who can fix the problem

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

poisondust

What is the name of your state?oklahoma. my mom took my sisters kids when she was arrested. the officertold my mom she had to bring them back or she would be arrested.he lied to her. his wife works 4 dhs and they r foster parents.they took the kids.she lied about getting them back and delayed our paperwork so they could get temp. state custody.they have their own little franchise since the state pays them 4 every kid they have.isnt that conflict of intrest or illegal??what can be done?

Shay-Pari'e

HUH?

The police officers wife works four hours and they are foster parents, who took the kids?????? Clarify your post.

A

amyluvsrich

poisondust said:
What is the name of your state?oklahoma. my mom took my sisters kids when she was arrested. the officertold my mom she had to bring them back or she would be arrested.he lied to her. his wife works 4 dhs and they r foster parents.they took the kids.she lied about getting them back and delayed our paperwork so they could get temp. state custody.they have their own little franchise since the state pays them 4 every kid they have.isnt that conflict of intrest or illegal??what can be done?
I'm a little confused too... let me see if I've got this straight...
Your sister was arrested and your mom took her kids... your mom was then told by the officer (who arrested your sister???) that she had to bring them back or she'd be arrested too? His (the officer) wife works for DHS (Department of Human Services or something like that???) and they are also foster parents... and I right so far? The wife then lied to your mom about her getting the kids back and delayed your mom's paperwork requesting the children so they (the officer and his wife) would then get temporary custody? And you are believing this is because they get paid for each child they foster... right? Or am I interpretting your post wrong... it was a little hard to follow...
Until you clarify what happened a little more it's going to be difficult to give any advice.

CdwJava

If I got it right it sound like the kids' mom was arrested ... kids' mom turns the kids over to HER mom (grandma) ... officer tells grandma to return the kids or face arrest herself ... officer's wife works for DHS (CPS, HRA ... whatever the sicial service agency is) ... officer and wife get temporary custody - and the payments that come with it.

If so, that's not unusual. In many cases, CPS (or the appropriate service agency) is the only body that can legally place the children if the primary caretaker is arrested. In that case, the person COULD be directed to turn the children over to CPS.

Now, in my county there are very, very few foster homes ... so few, in fact, that we often have to leave children in potentially dangerous environments OR ship them out of county. My wife and I are also foster parents ... why? Because we feel that just arresting mom and dad is not enough, we need to be a part of the overall solution when we can. My guess is that this officer and his wife are in the same boat. So unless there is a specific protocl against it, there would be nothing wrong with it. Heck, I don't have to seize kids to fill my empty beds up ... I have a full house all the time anyway.

Ultimately, there will be court hearings to determine the status of the children ... out here that usually happens about 2 weeks after they are seized if not sooner. Then attorneys are appointed for the children AND the parents, and the arguments are made. In the most recent case, I was the on scene supervisor of a drug raid and I told the officers to take any child present into protective custody if the parent(s) were arrested. Mom was, and I ultimately received the child as a foster child. Was that improper? Nope. Do I receive some remuneration from the county for having the child? Yep.

But, when there are enough foster homes available then I won't feel I have to do it.

In the meantime, Poison, your sister and your mother should wait for the court hearing and make their case then.

Good luck to all. And hopefully whatever happened will NEVER be allowed to happen again ... for the kids' sake.

Carl

Shay-Pari'e

As much as I agree with both responses, unless the poster comes on board to clarify the post, this is guess work at best.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">