• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

another fence question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

tlcampbell

What is the name of your state? Kentucky
the lady next door thought half of my driveway was her property. she had her property surveyed and was upset that it only went to the edge of my yellow bush. this week her mowing company mowed over on my part of the land and mowed down my newly planted shrubs.
she then had a fence put on her property, on the 2 sides and the rear part. but not the front, it looks odd... anyway she came home and told me i had to move my yellow bush. i looked at where the spike was and just trimmed one side of my bush, that way it didn't cross over the line.
i know i dont have to move my bush, but my questions are as follows...
1. is there a limit as to how close your fence can be to the property line?
2. her fence is 2 inches from the line, if i put up a fence 2 inchs from the line, who would mow/weedeat the middle? and if i put up a no trespassing sign is it illegal for her to touch even one blade of grass on my part?

HomeGuru

tlcampbell said:
What is the name of your state? Kentucky
the lady next door thought half of my driveway was her property. she had her property surveyed and was upset that it only went to the edge of my yellow bush. this week her mowing company mowed over on my part of the land and mowed down my newly planted shrubs.
she then had a fence put on her property, on the 2 sides and the rear part. but not the front, it looks odd... anyway she came home and told me i had to move my yellow bush. i looked at where the spike was and just trimmed one side of my bush, that way it didn't cross over the line.
i know i dont have to move my bush, but my questions are as follows...
1. is there a limit as to how close your fence can be to the property line?

**A: one milimeter, provided you do not live in an earthquake, or tornado zone.
2. her fence is 2 inches from the line, if i put up a fence 2 inchs from the line, who would mow/weedeat the middle? and if i put up a no trespassing sign is it illegal for her to touch even one blade of grass on my part?
**A: lawn gnomes would weedeat the middle.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">