• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Still on Web Page

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

Sockrowtt

What is the name of your state? Delaware

I left a company over a year ago. I visited thier web site recently and I noticed that my old E-mail address and my picture are still on thier site. I asked them verbally to remove my information, but they never complied. If they intentionally left my information on thier site to secure work is this a form of identity theft? If they did secure work after I left the company am I entitled to any compensation?

HomeGuru

Sockrowtt said:
What is the name of your state? Delaware

I left a company over a year ago. I visited thier web site recently and I noticed that my old E-mail address and my picture are still on thier site. I asked them verbally to remove my information, but they never complied.

**A: why did you not send them a demand letter via certified rrr mail?
If they intentionally left my information on thier site to secure work is this a form of identity theft?

**A: no, unless when customers call another employee says that they are you.

If they did secure work after I left the company am I entitled to any compensation?

**A: of course not.

racer72

Sockrowtt said:
my old E-mail address
If the email server is owned by the company then it's not "your" email address, it belongs to the company. And if the company email rules are the same as the company I work for, they may use your old email account if/as needed even if you no longer work for the company.

HomeGuru

racer72 said:
If the email server is owned by the company then it's not "your" email address, it belongs to the company. And if the company email rules are the same as the company I work for, they may use your old email account if/as needed even if you no longer work for the company.
**A: that's why we can still use the email address [email protected]

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">