• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

kidoday, since your thread was closed.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

stephenk

I hope you took pictures of the damage. did you make a claim with your homeowner's insurance to clean up the mess?

Has your ex admitted to causing the damage?

you may also seriously consider a restraining order against the doofus.

tigger22472

I'll answer for her since she's not online right now.

She did take pictures of everything (I've seen them, they weren't pretty)

I'm not sure if she contacted her renter's insurance or not. The ex b/f's ex wife has taken the clothes and gotten them cleaned (said she'd get the money from him) and a cleaning agency has come in to give estimates on the carpet cleaning and what not.

Her Ex DID admit not only to her BUT also to the police that he did it.

As far as I know she was supposed to get a PPO on him either today or tomorrow.

kidoday

Yep Tigger summed it up. Not only did I get pictures, the police did as well. The police report wasn't submitted until today so I will be able to go and get the ppo started tomorrow.

From what I understand since all the damages are being paid by the ex I don't need to get my renters insurance involved and increase my premium.

I don't understand why my thread was closed. :confused:

stephenk

still you should make a claim. your insurance will make sure it's done correctly, plus they will have someone to go after for reimbursement.

Dont believe your ex that he will take care of it, especially if there is no criminal action pending. Why should you front money to get your place cleaned up and then wait for the ex to pay you back?

your premiums will not go up since you are not at fault for causing the damage.

tigger22472

She's not paying for any of the clean up... she's being a good girl and refusing. Her ex b/f's ex wife has done most of it (although we've all, including Kido, said she shouldn't) and is going to get the money back from him. She is trying to help Kido because she likes her for one and for two she doesn't want to see her son's dad in jail.

kidoday

No I haven't paid for anything. His ex had all my laundry and dry cleaning done. What ever that bill came to is now between them, and don't care since my clothes are now clean.

The stipulation is that he cleans the house or I will add larceny charges to my other charge. If everything is cleaned and paid for 100% I will drop all charges, but I still plan on getting the ppo. That is one of the reasons that the police report wasn't submitted until today. 1, the reporting officer was off duty until today, and 2 I had to get the estimate for him to agree to clean. The officer was to get ahold of him, and then file charges accordingly.

I will find out tomorrow what the ex decided, and then pick up the report and file for a ppo.

K

krispenstpeter

And the NEXT TIME a man asks for a key you tell him you'll trade it for a ring :eek:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">