• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Ticket in rural co./state of GA-worth fighting?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

rubyduck

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?Georgia
While driving on a rural stretch of interstate in middle GA was clocked going 95 in a 70. Have extra large after-market tires on our SUV. My speedometer did not reflect that speed. Did not bother to argue with the officer. Decided on the spot to appear in court. Have been told that the tires can in fact affect rate of speed. GA law states that a $500 fine is levied at speeds 24 MPH and up. Funny how he conveniently clocked me at 25 over. Speeds 23 MPH and under render a $150 rate. Don't bother to post any reprimands on the speeding...Will pay the fine, but would like to have it dropped down...Also, in researching this area, it's one of the poorest counties in GA-I'm assuming they're looking for revenue. Any ideas on the tires issue as well as the rural magistrate court environment??

racer72

Your tires cannot be used as an excuse. If the tires affected your speedometer that much, you should have had it calibrated to match the tires. In fact, altered equipment is in the top 5 of the list of lamest excuses used in court to get out of tickets. You'll need some better excuses if you want to fight this ticket.

R

rubyduck

Information much appreciated, rude answers not acceptable. Don't need the lecture. Am desirious of FACTS, not personal opinions.....

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">