• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

PA Traffic Citation for careless driving

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

captnvinny

What is the name of your state?I recieved a citation for carless driving in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. On the ticket there are two errors 1) color of vehicle is wrong and 2) the time the incident was marked wrong (the cop put 1am instead of 1pm but also noted "Sunny" weather condition). Also the cop noted " opperator changing lanes twice - no signals and exceeding posted speed limits." I went back to the area where he ticketed me and could find no signs in that area. There are signs further down the road and before I made the turn on that particular road. What assistance can anyone give me before I go in front of the judge.
I took pictures of my vehicle to prove the color discrepency and pictures of the scene to counter the location of signage.

lwpat

Most states have a basic speed law. In other words there is no requirement that the speed limit be posted.

I am sure that the judge will be impressed with your skill as a photographer.

If this is a state violation for reckless driving it is a very serious offense and you need to hire an attorney. If it is a city "revenue ordinance" see if you can work a deal where it does not go on your record and you just pay the fine.

I would also suggest an attitude improvement before your court date if you expect them to cut you any slack.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">