• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Nursing Home Neglect and Medicaid

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

N

natesda

What is the name of your state?undefinedWhat is the name of your state? Michigan. I have a documented neglect case against against a nursing home. However, the patient is a Medicaid recipient. If litigation is pursued and damages are awarded, will the money go to Medicaid/Medicare since they are paying the medical bills?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

natesda said:
What is the name of your state?undefinedWhat is the name of your state? Michigan. I have a documented neglect case against against a nursing home. However, the patient is a Medicaid recipient. If litigation is pursued and damages are awarded, will the money go to Medicaid/Medicare since they are paying the medical bills?

My response:

So, if I understand you, you're saying that if any damage award is won, and the money goes to you, then you'll start the litigation to protect the patient. However, if the damage award doesn't go to you, then basically, you're saying, "Screw it, let the patient die for all I care".

Does that about sum it up?

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">