• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

slip and fall on uneven payment at a business

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

premskids3

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? PA
Hi, I fell on 1/31/04 at a local mall due to uneven pavement. It was determined that the insurance company of the mall was liable and they sent me a letter stating that they would pay for the medical up to $10,000 plus pain and suffering. I am still undergoing treatment, while there are no serious injuries, I have been told that sometimes the less serious, the more pain. I suffered stretched ligaments in my knee with fluid retention, and my back was and is still in pain from the fall. I have had 3 MRI's done plus xrays, before and nothing serious showed, however My doctor said it would be painful for a while. I still have fluid retention on my knee and my back has gotten better. Now I am to go to physical therapy, after which I will try to settle with the mall to get this all behind me. I did not obtain a lawyer, I am working with the woman at the insurance company. How much should I expect for an offer? I have had around $7,000 up to this point in medical bills and will obtain more after physical therapy? I just don't know what a fair offer would be? I have heard that 2 or 3 times the medical is right but please advise. Thanks.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">