• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Hit and run with no license

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

lnl

Georgia

My sixteen-year-old daughter, who has only a learner's license, drove her sister's car (by herself, without my knowledge) on a wet four-lane-highway and slid into the back of another vehicle. Seeing no damage to the other vehicle, and knowing she should not be driving the car by herself, my daughter left the scene in a panic. A policeman came to our door saying that my daughter had been identified by a witness and the car tag number had been given. At this point, I had no knowledge of the accident, and denied that it could be possible, as this is totally out of character for my daughter, who, up until this major lapse in judgement, has always been a really good kid. She admitted to me after he left that she had indeed done what he said. The car belongs to my adult daughter who is out of the country, but who has insurance on it. Should we go straight to the police and have her admit what happened, or should we first get representation? What kind of punishment should we expect? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Just please be nice. She knows what she did was stupid, and that she will be paying for it for a long time, and she is very sorry.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">