• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

what can we do?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

W

wlphill2

What is the name of your state?florida. my father-in-law passed away in 8/2001. he left no will so his estate went to probate in michigan. none of my wifes siblings could agree on anyone to be the executor so the court appointed one. my father-in-laws estate consisted of several vehicles, 2 travel trailers, and some misc. personal property. there was no real estate involved. it has been 2 1/2 years and still his estate has not been settled. the last inventory was sent out on 8/2002. is there anything my wife can do to the the person( a memeber of a company) that has been handling her dads estate? when he passed away he only owed $1800, so far the estate has collected about $30,000, but says there will be no money left to split up. can her and her siblings prevent the executor from collecting a fee? also can anything be done to the executor for not sending out a yearly inventory? also the only inventory that was sent out was not even close to being correct. any help would be greatly appreciated.

Dandy Don

Does the $30,000 in the estate represent cash only or does it include value of non-cash items?

Is this executor an attorney or not?

If they know that you know the value of the estate, what specific reason do they give for saying that there will be "no money left to split up"?

Your mistake was in not hiring your own probate attorney to handle this instead of letting the court appoint one. When is the next probate hearing scheduled for this case? It seems like you may need to hire your own probate attorney to get answers on the reason for stalling and to get things going to where this case can be resolved as soon as possible.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">