• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Wife vs Husband

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

pj

Would I be entiled to half of the property that my husband owns. His name is solely on the deed, but he purchase the house one year before we got married. Presently, I'm unemployed and have been separated from him for about 3+ years, no children involved. I have helped maintain & kept the property value up while I was there. I have filed for divorce, but have not gone through a master's hearing on the distribution of property. Would he be entiled to my pension? I presently have no money & he is unaware that I'm unemployed as if he really cares. What else would I be entiled to. He has a 401K, stock & bonds in Both names, but he spent just about all of that without including me in it. I know he has to give an account for the money he withdrew from the account from the time of separation. What advice can you give? The State I lived in is PA. Thanks!

[This message has been edited by pj (edited August 29, 2000).]

P

pj

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by pj:
Would I be entiled to half of the property that my husband owns. His name is solely on the deed, but he purchase the house one year before we got married. Presently, I'm unemployed and have been separated from him for about 3+ years, no children involved. I have helped maintain & kept the property value up while I was there. I have filed for divorce, but have not gone through a master's hearing on the distribution of property. Would he be entiled to my pension? I presently have no money & he is unaware that I'm unemployed as if he really cares. What else would I be entiled to. He has a 401K, stock & bonds in Both names, but he spent just about all of that without including me in it. I know he has to give an account for the money he withdrew from the account from the time of separation. What advice can you give? Thanks!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

B

BAC

NO ONE is going to give you advice because you did not tell us what state you are from.

D

DJ1

YES YOU DID GIVE THE STATE IT WAS ON THE ONE BEFORE IT WAS EDITED. DUH. I HAVE BEEN DOING THE DIVORCE THING RECENTLY AND HAVE LEARNED A LOT. YOU ARE IN A 50/50 STATE. ASSETS AND DEBT ARE SPLIT 50/50. HIS 401K IS HALF YOURS AND YOUR PENSION IS HALF HIS. THE ONLY PART THAT IS NOT HIS OR YOURS IS ANY MONEY PUT INTO THE 401K OR PENSION BEFORE MARRIAGE AND THE INTEREST THAT AMOUNT MADE DURING THE MARRIAGE. THE HOUSE I CAN NOT GIVE YOU ADVICE ON. IF YOU LIVED IN IT FROM DAY ONE I BELIEVE IT IS STILL PARTIALL YOURS. HOW LONG WERE YOU MARRIED? FOR EVERY 3 YEARS OF MARRIAGE YOU ARE ELIGIBLE FOR 1 YEAR OF SPOUSAL SUPPORT AND YOU SOUND LIKE YOU COULD USE THAT. CHECK WITH DOMESTIC RELATIONS AND NOT YOUR LAWYER. DOMESTIC CHARGES ONLY 25.00 IN NORTHAMPTON COUNTY TO FILE FOR SUPPORT BUT YOUR LAWYER WILL CHARGE A WHOLE LOT MORE. TO FILE AND FIND OUT WHAT YOU ARE ELIGIBLE FOR WILL BE THE FIRST MEETING. THEN YOU AND HUBBY AND LAWYERS MAY NEED TO BE AT THE NEXT MEETING. GET THIS APPOINTMENT ASAP SINCE IT CAN TAKE 3 MONTHS BEFORE YOU GET THAT 2ND MEETING SET UP. MY BEST ADVICE IS TO KEEP READING THESE INTERNET SITES ON DIVORCE. THEY HELPED ME VERY MUCH. MY EX TO BE OWED ME 8,000 IN ARREARS AND THE LAWYER DID NOTHING. I CALLED DOMESTIC AND THEY SAID THEY COULD PUT OUT A BENCH WARRANT FOR HIS ARREST IF HE DID NOT PAY AND THEY DID. HE ALSO MOVED THINGS TO HIS NEW STATE AGAINST A COURT ORDER FREEZE. HE THEN HAD TO PAY 1/2 NOW FOR THE VALUE I THOUGHT IT WAS WORTH TO KEEP HIMSELF OUT OF JAIL. HE ALSO HAS TO PAY MOST OF MY LAWYER BILLS SINCE HE HAS CAUSED ALL THESE PROBLEMS IN THE FIRST PLACE. JUDGES DO NOT LIKE WHEN YOU GO AGAINST A COURT ORDER. GOOD LUCK AND LET ME KNOW HOW IT GOES. EMAIL [email protected]
DJ

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">