• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I need help!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

toneloc

What is the name of your state? North Carolina.

So, I got pulled over today and the officer clocked me doing 85 in a 70mph zone. So I signed the ticket and went home and realized that he wrote down that he pulled me over on Interstate 85 @ mile marker 166 when acctually he pulled me over on Interstate 40 @ mile marker 166. Should I fight this?

HomeGuru

toneloc said:
What is the name of your state? North Carolina.

So, I got pulled over today and the officer clocked me doing 85 in a 70mph zone. So I signed the ticket and went home and realized that he wrote down that he pulled me over on Interstate 85 @ mile marker 166 when acctually he pulled me over on Interstate 40 @ mile marker 166. Should I fight this?
**A: yes, of course since the officer was wrong and you were not speeding.

CdwJava

Usually an error such as that is not sufficient to get the charge dropped. It is easily remedied either by a motion by the officer or by the judge/commissioner simply asking the officer about it. Clerical errors are rarely cause to drop the citation. Though, I suppose, it could be used to show a lack of attention to detail by the officer ... but, that's a shot in the dark.

I wouldn't hang my hat on the hope that a judge or commissioner will drop the matter because of that error.

Carl

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">