• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

4th Degree Assult.....warrant

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

La_raspberry

What is the name of your state? Washington

This is kinda long....I apologize....

I am a 34 year old female and In 1996 I was in a domestic dispute with my then common-law (now roomate). I was taken to the Okanogan jail in Okanogan County from Coulee Dam and released the next day charged with 4th Degree Assult gross misdoneamor. Upon release I was to check in with a P.D. in Okanogan and he told me to call him in a few days from Coulee Dam , which I did , I was told by the P.D. that everything was OK and that it was taken care of.
Yesterday my roomate was driving my car and was pulled over and told him that I had a warrant out for my arrest in Okanogan County for that 4th Degree Assult that was supposed to have been taken care of.....7 years later!! That was the first I heard anything about this!! I'v moved all over the place from North Dakota to Nebraska, Colorado and have been back in Spokane area since last April and have been back in school working on my degree since January. All this time I had this warrant and was unaware.!
I thought I did what I was supposed to do and had a PD who told me I was fine.
Now that I know about this I'm kinda afraid with my history as a 2 time drug convicted felon (1992-1994) WA state. I've completely cleaned up my life and have been clean/sober since 1994 and have 3 years of college...I don't want to lose what I've accomplished......
What is your advice?

I appreciate it,

Vera

CdwJava

You will need to either obtain an attorney to resolve the matter in your stead, or, contact the court and arrange a new court date and time so that you can come and work the issue out ... though it might mean at least a short jail stay for you.

Bottom line is that this warrant won't go away until it is either recalled by the issuing agency, or, until it is served on your (i.e. you are arrested). Its better to do it now - on your terms - than have it happen to you later when you can least afford it.

Carl

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">