• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Is this stealing?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

ShannaC

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Nevada
Hello,
My father is in a 3 person general partnership in California. They're company has not yet, in the last three years, sold any products. My father asked me to sell at a trade show they were in, along side their other salesperson. While there I made a contact with a large company. I introduced the other salesperson to them. Following the show I kept in contact with my client. It took me two weeks to get prices and product information to my clients. My Dad's company was very unprepared and I ended up doing most of the work. By the way I have no contract signed with my Dad's Co. In the meantime, one of my Dad's parners ( I'll cal him "Dick") deceided to divide the company up giving 25% to a lawyer he knows and turn the company into an LLC in Nevada. My Dad and his other partner ("Ken") disagree with this. Dick says you two agree or I will dissolve the partnership and going against the other two, files an LLC in Nevada giving the attorney 25%. During all of this I am working with my client to sign a contract for them to distribute our product. Everything with Dick is a fight, making it almost impossible to do business. He has been told to dissolve the LLC and the partnership and they will all go their seperate ways. But he wants his share of my client and he feels that the other salesperson from the show should have all of my commision due to the fact that I did not have a contract with the company and that sales person initiated the show, even though he has not done any work with my client. He is still even demanding that the attorney get 25% of the company. My client has not yet signed a contract with this company. I have deceided to leave this continuing drama behind and I started my own company(I live in Nevada). I can have the same product built and delivered to my client. My client will be signing with my company this next week. My Dad is concerned that Dick may be able to sue him. We have been told Dick has breached his fudiciary duties and my Dad and Ken have the right to dissolve the company. It is my hope that once the smoke has cleared my Dad and Ken can become my partners in my company. Can Dick sue my Dad for what I do? I believe I can show the the lack of ability on their part to even be able to do business. That in order to serve my client I had to branch out on my own. Please Help!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">