• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Perental Rights Terminated

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

Ritz6

What is the name of your state? North Carolina

Ok , Hear is the deal, bare with me now .i was involved with this girl for a few weeks , i heard many roomers about she a slut and sleeping around and she will give it to everybody. We had sex one weekend and i had my condom on and i even pulled out when i was fixing to shoot.. well after that she told me she didnt want to see me anymore to leave her alone.. now she contacts me and says she is pregnet with my baby ,and she is going to take me to court when its born and get anything i can get out of you . now what i want to do is .. i told her to leave me alone . but to get to the point , i dont want nothing to do with her at all , i dont even want to see her , she is one of thoes girls that are crazy .. but if it comes down to it and the baby is mine , i still dont want anything to do with her at all i want to sign over my parental rights so she wont get nothing out of me ...CAN I DO THIS ?

K

krispenstpeter

I've got good news and bad news for you.

IF the baby is yours, you're on the hook. PERIOD! there's no signing away your 'rights' or 'responsibilities' like a used car.

That's the bad news.

IF the baby is yours, she's already gotten something out of you.

That's the worse news.

The good news? There isn't any :D

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
There's a reason why it's not bright to sleep with girls who sleep around. This is one of them. Hopefully, you've learned from it.

If she comes after you once the baby's born, you can (and should) insist on a paternity test. But if the babe's yours - you are on the hook.

Last edited:
S

ShalomSteph

Hmmm

Well, for now you can hope the rumors are true and you aren't the father.

If you are, you will be paying child support for at least the next 18 years, possibly also into college. Unless she marries and wants you to terminate your rights so her new husband can adopt the child, you will be paying.

Since you will be making the financial investment, you might as well be a grown up and accept the rest of the responsibility, too. Go to court, establish visitation rights, and be a father to your child. THAT is the best investment you can make.

If you aren't the father, then hopefully you have learned that random, unattached sex is not the smartest thing in the world to do, and you will be more careful in the future.

R

Ritz6

Perental Rights Terminated part 2

North Carolina

Then again How can someone pay child support if they have no job and dont work . yall know its hard to find a job out there in the field . just like i said how can they collect if you have nothing to collect on?

Tinaa

If you don't have a job, minimum wage will probably be used. Then you will either pay or you will go to jail.

Grace_Adler

Alrighty, here's the deal. :D

If you get a summons to go to court for child support, you better make sure you go because if you don't, she will be awarded child support automatically by default, meaning you were a no show. So go to court and deny paternity and insist on a paternity test. Chances are she's either lying or the child is not yours.

IF this is your child, you can not relinquish your rights unless she agrees to it. If for some reason she were to agree to it, then she would have to be the one to file to terminate your rights, you sign the paperwork and it goes before the clerk of court. You don't have to be remarried or have someone waiting to adopt in order to have rights terminated. And yes, support does end here with the termination of your rights.

So as was mentioned, if it is your child, you can either pay the support that's ordered and not see the child or you can petition the court for visitation, custody and even child support if you were to win custody of the child. They account for visitation time when figuring your support.

It doesn't matter if you're working or not. They will make you go look for a job. They will impute what you should pay based on minimum wage or on whatever you made at your last job if you have had one. If you don't pay it, and you get behind 30 days or more, they usually don't take you to court until 90 days are up however, then you will be taken to court for contempt and found guilty and sentenced to jail for 30 days unless you purge yourself before then by paying the full amount owed and most likely will have any licenses suspended until it is paid. They don't care about you in the court, they only care about whether or not you are paying your child support.

Support lasts til age of 18 here, unless they go to college, then you will pay until they are 20. If the child should quit school or fail school, you can file for a modification to the order to have support terminated.

So I hope this has been a valuable lesson. Condoms are not 100% proof.

Here are some websites that may help you, on this one, make sure you read the guidelines http://www.ncchildsupport.com
http://www.deltabravo.net
http://www.ncga.state.nc.us
http://www.ocse3.acf.dhhs.gov/ext/irg/sps/selectastate.cfm
http://www.findlaw.com

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">