• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can CSE wage withhold from VA Disability?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

N

Nextmother

What is the name of your state? North Carolina

I am asking this for a friend who is a 100% disabled vetran. His ex wife has used his disablilities to prevent him from seeing his children for the past 7 years, claiming to the judge that my friend is 'crazy' and will hurt the kids just to get back at her.

My friend paid CS faithfully for 5 years without a court order until the last ruling from the judge 2 years ago. When he recieved that order, he stopped sending the CS due to be so hurt and frustrated with the system.

His X has now filed for CS and wants to take about half of his disability pay each month for the three kids.

We are just wondering if CSE can legally take that money? He has no problems paying CS, he just wants to be able to see his kids.

Thanks,

Nextmother

B

beettank

Partial VA disability

So, what about taking partial va disability? Is it against federal law to take some of the va disability? My state is DC.

B

beettank

clearer question

So, what about taking a person's va disability who is less than 100% disabled, but still is not able to find a job due to the disability? Is it against federal law to take this money as well? My state is DC.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">