• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

change of custody

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

kipp4458

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?Ohio

Recent dissolution....My ex had custody of the 3 children and I am paying child support. My daughter recently moved in with me due to the inability of her and her mother to get along peacefully. I need to change custody which my ex has agreed to. I know this will also effect my child support. I have agreed to pay her 400$ monthly which is more than the child support calculation allowed. There is also a matter of an insurance claus that needs to be re-filed. So I'm looking to amend the custody, insurance claus, and child support. This is all agreed upon by both parties. The problem is most attorneys want from 600-750$ for this. Is there a legal form I can either purchase or download to take care of this on my own or can anyone refer me to an attorney who would perform this at a less expensive cost to me?

kel4377

Just go to your local family court office & ask them for papers to file for a modification of custody and/or child support.

K

krispenstpeter

While you can get the forms from the courthouse, you cannot get help in filling them out. For that you'll need either the advice of an attorney, legal aid or go to Barnes and Noble for a 'how-to' book.

When you do fill them out make sure that your ex also signs the forms as a joinder in the action.

kel4377

That's right krispenstpeter, I forgot to mention that. People who are so used to filing papers on their own.......forget to mention that they won't help you fill them out!!!! You have to either learn how to do it on your own or like you said, get some legal advice or buy a book!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">