• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

audio streaming

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tomynate

What is the name of your state? MO

I have cd's and cassette tapes I have purchased used or from online auctions. I am not the first owner. I have converted to mp3's. Can I divide into small files and place on a website for audio streaming? Does it make any difference that some of the cassette tapes are no longer available for purchase as new items?

K

krispenstpeter

Of course you can stream them. You can also be sued for copyright infringement if you have not paid a 'performance license fee' for the streaming to either ASCAP or BMI.

The music is for PRIVATE use. The minute you put them on your website in ANY form, you are converting their use to public performance for which a fee is required.

tomynate

Missouri

Thanks for reply. Did not make myself clear. These are not music but a speaches, motivational tapes, etc. May not make any difference.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">