• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

HELP: Retail Fraud/Probation Violation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

aasd

What is the name of your state?
MI

Description: :(
I was convicted for a retail fraud misdemeanor last year and was currently under probation. Unfortunately, I violated by probation with another retail fraud charge. However, I really do not want to go to jail and am already seeking counseling/therapy for my psychological issues of stealing repeatedly. I am also in the process of doing my community service which was put upon in my last sentencing. My hearing is in mid-June. I really do not want to go to jail as I am a good kid and am currently enrolled in classes at a university. That is where I would be seeking counseling as well starting next week.

I want to avoid jail-time as I am in the middle of my classes and am also employed as well as getting therapy. I am willing to pay court fines over a short period of time. I really am on my way to cure this illness, but, i just do not want to go to jail and I regret my act terribly...

I need some sincere advice please.
Thank You.

Last edited:

J

jacked

I don't know about your state, but here in Oregon it's like this. I recently violated my probation so I have first hand experience. In my state you go to your PV hearing and your PO recommends what happens to you, but the judge is the one who actually decides on what happens. For my PV, my PO wanted me to do 30 days, but the judge could have revoked my probation and put me away for 6 months. It just depends on the judge. I got 30 days, but was released after 5 or 6 due to overcrowding in the jail.

In some states they may run your new charge and probation violation together in one hearing. When I violated, I had to appear for my new charge and get that sentence, then come back and appear again for the PV.

Hopefully that helped a little.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

aasd said:
What is the name of your state?
MI

Description:
I was convicted for a retail fraud misdemeanor last year and was currently under probation. Unfortunately, I violated by probation with another retail fraud charge. However, I really do not want to go to jail and am already seeking counseling/therapy for my psychological issues of stealing repeatedly. I am also in the process of doing my community service which was put upon in my last sentencing. My hearing is in mid-June. I really do not want to go to jail as I am a good kid and am currently enrolled in classes at a university. That is where I would be seeking counseling as well starting next week.

I want to avoid jail-time as I am in the middle of my classes and am also employed as well as getting therapy. I am willing to pay court fines over a short period of time. I really am on my way to cure this illness, but, i just do not want to go to jail and I regret my act terribly...

I need some sincere advice please.
Thank You.

My response:

Here's your "sincere" advice. The State of Michigan has been building new jail facilities in all of the major cities since last year. The overcrowding issue has been resolved. In short, there's now plenty of room in the new jails. Your probation will be revoked, and you'll be doing each and every day of your original sentence, you freakin' little spastic criminal!

At least, the cells and beds are new.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">