• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

If so, how long

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

Peety

What is the name of your state? CA

* Is a violation of CVC 27315D considered a moving violation?

* Is it treated differently if it is on a surface street as opposed to a freeway?

* Is (either of the above) a point generating citation?

* How long does the conviction stay on your driving record?

* If there is a second conviction (six years later) is the first, does the second or both become point generating citation(s)?

BTW ~ 1st fine = $22 2nd fine = $85 (six years later)

CdwJava

""""* Is a violation of CVC 27315D considered a moving violation?"

No.

""""* Is it treated differently if it is on a surface street as opposed to a freeway?"

No.

""""* Is (either of the above) a point generating citation?"

No.

CVC 12810.2. Notwithstanding subdivision (e) of Section 12810, no
violation point count shall be given for a conviction of a violation
of Section 27315.

"""""* How long does the conviction stay on your driving record?"

I believe they remain on your DMV driver's license record for up to 7 years.

""""* If there is a second conviction (six years later) is the first, does the second or both become point generating citation(s)?"

I don't think so.

Carl

P

Peety

Thanks for the helpful quick replies.

You anwered the same questions for me in the other thread, so I won't re-ask that last question here too. However, I do hope you'll hazzard a guess about that one as well. Maybe because it was the second one in 7 years?

I was getting tired of the (nothing but grief) treatment over there (in the other thread) till you showed up. I "ignor listed" the other two people. Thanks again !!

:cool:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">