• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

19 yr old

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

dweb19

Oregon
My son is 19 yr old. He shares a home w/3 others that are all over 21 yr old. All of them are on the lease for the home. During a party with alcohol, (other minors were present also), the police came and gave all 4 boys a ticket for "contributing alcohol to minors". They also set the court date on a Federal Holiday, May 31. My Question is:...Can they give a ticket to a minor, for contributing? What can he expect when he goes to court? Will it be dropped for him? Also ..will someone inform them of a new court date?

CdwJava

He's an adult (even if he is under the age necessary to drink alcohol) - he's 19. They can give him a ticket as an adult and responsible party for providing alcohol to others who are also under 21.

In court he can likely expect to be asked for a plea (guilty or not guilty) and then given a court date if he plans to contest the violation.

In the end, he likely faces a fine. However, depending OR state law, he may face potential jail time ... but I would doubt it - unless minors were found totally ripped, or, someone under 21 who had been drinking their had gotten into an accident or otherwise caused or received an injury.

Carl

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">