• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

remarriage

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

rgarypewitt

What is the name of your state? texas
My divorce in Texas will be final on June 4,2004. There is a 30 day waiting period to be married to another woman in Texas. Can I go to Arkansas and get married without waiting 30 days?

D

d8ddysgirl

The 30 days is there for a good reason. TO think about why the hell are you doing this again?

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
This is one of the reasons 2nd marriages have such a terrible success rate. What's the hurry? Take your time, make sure that this is a longterm relationship, and so on.

nextwife

Hey! I just celebrated my eighth anniversary with my dear hubby yesterday. Better every year when you find the "right" one. However, we knew each other over five years post-divorce before we married or lived together.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
nextwife said:
Hey! I just celebrated my eighth anniversary with my dear hubby yesterday. Better every year when you find the "right" one. However, we knew each other over five years post-divorce before we married or lived together.
Exactly the point - nowhere near 30 days post-divorce.

nextwife

That's why I wrote it. A good thing's WORTH waiting for.

When we adopted our daughter, we had to fly to her orphanage and meet her before we could submit the adoption dossier. Then we had to LEAVE her there and WAIT 10 very long months, while the Kosovo war occured "next door" - and missout on being with her from age 15 months to age 25 months. But if you have to wait to ultimately get what you want, you just DO.

30 days isn't so long and I too didn't marry within a 30 day period of my own divorce though without my having to request it the 30 day period was waived in my decree. Perhaps because with my own circumstances my divorce wasn't granted until 5 years after I first filed.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">