• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Personal Protection Order requirements

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

chemist24

What is the name of your state? Ohio
Can anyone here tell me what the requirements are in Ohio to file for a PPO? At what point do the ex boyfriend's attempts to "win me back" cross legal lines?
I have told him that it is over and I want nothing to do with him and I do not want to see him or talk to him anymore. Over the weekend he went to my friend's place of employment and was asking her about me (what I was doing if I was dating etc). He was thrown out of the bar by the owner (he didn't order a drink and wouldn't leave my friend alone)

Yesterday he decided to just stop by my house. I was sitting on the front porch so I had no where to go, he just popped out of the passenger's side of a car that I didn't know...

He hasn't gotten violent yet but if he gets in one of these "I want you back" modes while he is drunk he may...

Do I have to wait until something happens or can I go to the police now?
Thanks in advance for the advice..

CdwJava

I would contact the police and see if his behavior fits the criteria for "Stalking" in CA. They could probably also provide you resources as to where to go to see about help in obtaining a restraining order.

If the only incidents are the ones you mentioned, you may not have enough for a restraining order ... yet. But, you should not wait until it becomes scary to start inquiring.

You may also see if there is a domestic violence support group in your area or available through the court or local prosecutor's office.

Good luck.

Carl

chemist24

The incidents listed above are only the ones that have happend in the last 24 hours..
He's even tried to get my neighbors to give him an idea as to my comings and goings (I already warned them about him coming around) And he went after the nice old lady next door, he didn't ask any of the younger people that might be a problem for him..

I also have several messages that he has left in the past week on my home phone and my cell...

I will contact the local precint when I get home from work and hope there is something they can do....

Thanks again for the advice,

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">