• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Limit on # times one can go to traffic school [CA]

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kaiotes

What is the name of your state? CA.

I got a ticket for not stopping a a stop sign yesterday. I am guilty as charged, I would like to do traffic school. I have heard conflicting information on how many times you can do traffic school to get it off your DMV record.

I got a speeding ticket in Oct 03, since CA permits one to go traffic school every 18 months, (from my knowledge) i'm assuming i can't go?

I read somewhere that there are ppl that has gotten more than one ticket within span of 18 months and gotten approval from judge to go to traffic and has it cleared off the record.
what is the real answer?

If the judge gives me permission to go to traffic school and I go, is there a possibility they won't take it off my record because i've gone to traffic school more than once in past 18 months?

I'm in So cal. Speeding ticket issued on I 5 in Kern county, this one was in Pasadena.

If i can't go to traffic should I just try and play the cop not show up route since i've got nothing to lose?

lwpat

I understand that some judges will allow you to attend what is called a "second offender" traffic school. It depends on the circumstances and has to be approved by the judge. An attorney improves your chance of being accepted.

Carl might be able to provide more information.

JETX

lwpat said:
I understand that some judges will allow you to attend what is called a "second offender" traffic school. It depends on the circumstances and has to be approved by the judge. An attorney improves your chance of being accepted.

Carl might be able to provide more information.
Gee, what a wonderful and insightful post.... except it provides NOTHING to the writer.
So, you "understand" that "some" judges will, depending on the "circumstances" and "approval". Gee, and what if this judge is NOT understanding?? That is why I said for the writer to contact the court!!!
DOH!!!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">